Join our Family of Donors
It has been an incredible journey since the Museum opened in 1989, marked by wonderful victories and accomplishments, as well as challenges. The Museum exists today because of many people and organizations that believe in the Museum and support our efforts. As a result, the Museum has been a mainstay in our community for years and is prominently recognized nationally and internationally. We invite you to join our expanding Museum family of special friends and supporters. Your donation will help ensure the Museum remains an indispensable resource for our visitors, collectors and researchers, students and teachers, and the interested public.
The National Automobile Museum is totally dependent upon your donations, memberships and admission fees for its operation, maintenance and staffing. We receive no operational funds from local/state/federal government monies to fulfill our mission to collect and preserve the automobile. We are a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) tax exempt corporation, so your donations are tax-deductible to the full limits of the tax laws. Thank you in advance for considering the National Automobile Museum as part of your annual charitable contributions.
Vision and Goals
We are dedicated to offering experiences that spark imagination, stimulate learning, and entertain adults and children alike. Our goals include:
- To share stories about the impact of the automobile on society and the development of our country.
- To preserve the history of the automobile for generations to come.
- To use the automobile as a stepping stone for interpreting history, humanities and more.
The Museum is a place where the past and present merge, where thoughts drift to a future of “what ifs.” It’s a place where history, fun, and awareness unite. Help us continue to fulfill this vision through your generosity.
Annual audits reveal excellent fiscal responsibility and the budget is managed with the utmost attention. The Museum is governed by a Board of Trustees and each year 100% of the Trustees contribute to our fundraising efforts. The Museum is self-sustaining and is not owned, affiliated or supported by any other organization or entity. In addition to funds from operations (admission and retail sales, memberships, banquets, etc.), the Museum relies on donations, grants, and sponsorships like other nonprofits. The Museum continues to grow thanks to the generosity of donors, who believe in our mission. Donors contribute important funding to enhance the museum’s operational resources and endowment, and gift automobiles and artifacts.
Use of Resources
A variety of resources support the Museum’s daily operations, annual programs, exhibits, and activities. Infrastructure needs and improvements are continually addressed, many resulting in increased revenue opportunities, productivity, energy savings, etc. Here are a few examples:
- Gallery Four was remodeled to accommodate our growing banquet business.
- The theatre was remodeled to add a stage, high-definition projector and large screen to offer daily presentations for our visitors and accommodate special programs for clients and the Museum.
- Antiquated telephone and computer systems were upgraded to improve productivity several years ago.
- HVAC systems were upgraded to improved efficiency.
- The roof was upgraded and repaired several years ago, and upgrades continue.
- Lighting systems were upgraded to reduce energy consumption.
The Museum conducts an Annual Giving Campaign and each year the Chairman of the Museum’s Board of Trustees and his wife contribute a $50,000 matching donation. Every year donations exceed this match. A series of successful Capital Campaigns retired the Museum’s construction debt (approximately $10 million) and established an endowment.
Donations are Tax-Deductible
The Museum is a nonprofit, 501(c)3 tax-exempt corporation formed solely for educational purposes. Donations are tax-deductible to the full limits of the tax laws.
We invite you to make a donation today. Thank you!